Kunoichi

Another batch of the Qi and Gong models completed. This gives me plenty of options hopefully and the models still lokk OK for being some of the earlier 10T models. I think maybe the Oiran were the first, maybe?

20190819_212507
20190819_212526
20190819_212544
20190819_212602
Advertisements

Malifaux Bees

Hello my name is Bear and I have a problem, I cant leave things alone. I have to have some theme to a force I doing I cant help it..

So I wanted something something different for my Hamelin crew… I had hoped to find suitable Wasp models. Instead we got bees 🙂

Thats OK Honey (Hamelin) the Beekeeper of Malifaux can still work, so now I needed bees and they are supplied by the very helpful @fallen013 on Twitter. Who also has a side business in 3D printing http://www.final-earth.co.uk/ so check him out (as it helps encourage him to do a Bee King for me 😉 )

With all that sorted I have myself 12 bees in which to spread the horrendously addictive Malifaux Honey around 😀

20190819_212317
20190819_212331

First Real Crack At Contrast

So this is my first model painted using Contrast.

20190819_212426

Admittedly I didnt use the offiial undercoating, just good ol’ Halfords grey prime. Which didnt work so I started trying other things.

I can report that Army Painter White does OK as a base layer for contrast.

20190819_212438

I also found that mixing contrast with a normal colour can give some interesting effects and provides a layering before you go in with the contrast on its own.

Finally I can report that Vallejo airbrush thinner works as a medium for contrast as well (we know its not just water, dont it had no ill effect).

I like contrast as another string to the bow but I am more comfortable with what I do in general. The cloth for instance is standard layer and wash.

More experimenting is needed and as I dont want to change mid-project. I think Slaanesh will be the first army that I go for a really good test of the paint.