Another Out(Bear)Cast this time I will be looking at the ghettoblaster himself (sorry) the SAS.
Average Df and good Wp, like other tankier Freikorps he has decent number of wounds. He is also as fast as other Korps members with Wk being average and Cg being great.
He is enforcer so there are a couple of upgrades worth looking at mainly Oathkeeper but that is standard for most outcasts.
Armor – Better than standard Korps armour which is always good.
Freikorps Suit – They all get the suit (cue MiB quote) which means they can ignore damage from pulses and blasts which is great against so masters.
Augmented Jump – This allows him to ignore models/terrain when charging. He can also Charge while engaged. This means you can never pin him down and easily charge in one activation and charge something else next activation. Think of him as a mini-schill..
Enhanced Fists – Decent Ml 6attack that has a Ram built-in and does decent damage with severe being nasty. His triggers make him that little bit scarier;
- Pneumatic Actuator needs a Crow and stops they damage being reduced, so Armour etc. is ignored, although Soulstones can still be used.
- Pneumatic Crush needs an additional Ram which grants a positive flip to the damage.
The crow trigger is the nasty one and will make plenty out there nervous, although any positives to damage is welcome especially against ressers and the like.
Aetheric Projector – Average Sh attack with a built-in Rams and decent range. The damage is about average for ranged attack. Like his fists the triggers are not bad;
- Soul Vortex needs a Crow , if a model is killed then it does place markers so can be nasty for Summoners. But being dependent on killing the model is not as helpful due to not spectacular damage.
- Aether Scramble needs a Mask after damaging then the target gains Slow. Reducing AP pf your opponent is a good thing 😉
Charge Up – This is his 0 action that grants one the following, what is nice is this just happens. No discard or Flip is needed to activate it.
- Polarized Shielding – When the Strongarm takes damage with a Ml attack the attacker takes 1 damage after resolving.
- Charged Fists – Grants +1 damage to his Ml attack actions, makes him very scary.
- Bright Aether – Makes the Aetheric Projector very good at hitting with a boost to take it from average to very good.
A tanky model that moves around like a mini-schill, smashing stuff with his fists (need an Arnie phrase here) and occasionally shooting things to reduce enemy AP. He can be difficult to fit in due to the cost (loads of competition) but if you are wanting a model that can never be pinned down and as such means you pick your battles. He is certainly one to consider.